Thursday, March 3, 2011

Spring is in the air?

Aren't we all getting itchy for spring? Here in New England, no matter what the groundhog says, we've got at least 6 weeks left of winter. But the days are longer and brighter, and the sun is quite strong already.
The horses are thinking about shedding. It's the tough time of year when I want to ride more and be more active, and yet it's not really time--like waiting for the brownies to be done. if you keep opening the oven, they'll never get there!
Yesterday I rode 4 horses and was sweating with no convenient layers to remove (my turtleneck and longjohns were not coming off!). Today, I spent most of the day catching up on office work, and hoping the thermometer would go above 15 (it didn't, stubborn thing).
Tomorrow will be warmer, though, and no blizzard in the forecast, so I'll be back in the saddle.
Now, anyone for brownies?

No comments:

Post a Comment